Warren Buffett is widely regarded as the most successful investor in the world. Here are some remarkable Warren Buffett quotes that can change your thinking about important things in life.
Warren Buffett is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is considered by some to be one of the most successful investors in the world, and as of March 2017 is the second wealthiest person in the United States with a total net worth of $78.7 billion. Here some remarkable Warren Buffett quotes that is a must for everyone.
41 Remarkable Warren Buffett quotes .
READ: 58 INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT LIFE.
1. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be a more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”
2. “It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.”
3. “What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.”
4. “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
5. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
6. “Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money.”
7. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
8. “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.”
9. “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.”
10. “People succeed in life countless different ways but failures group around a few key themes. As such, you learn more from people’s failures than people’s successes.”
11. “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
12. “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.”
13. “Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.”
14. “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.”
15. “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.”
16. “I don’t look to jump over seven-foot bars; I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.”
17. “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.”
18. “You know…you keep doing the same things and you keep getting the same result over and over again.”
19. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
20. “You will be successful if the people who you hope to have love you, do love you.”
21. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price, than a fair company at a wonderful price.”
22. “The best thing I did was to choose the right heroes.”
23. “You’ve gotta keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life.”
24. “Imagine that you had a car and that was the only car you’d have for your entire lifetime. Of course, you’d care for it well, changing the oil more frequently than necessary, driving carefully, etc. Now, consider that you only have one mind and one body. Prepare them for life, care for them. You can enhance your mind over time. A person’s main asset is themselves, so preserve and enhance yourself.”
25. “Just pick a broad index like the S&P 500. Don’t put your money in all at once; do it over a period of time. I recommend John Bogle’s books — any investor in funds should read them. They have all you need to know.”
26. “If you invested in a very low cost index fund – where you don’t put the money in at one time, but average in over 10 years –you’ll do better than 90% of people who start investing at the same time.”
27. “If you like spending 6-8 hours per week working on investments, do it. If you don’t, then dollar cost average into index funds. This accomplishes diversification across assets and time, two very important things. ”
28. “There is nothing wrong with a ‘know nothing’ investor who realizes it. The problem is when you are a ‘know nothing’ investor but you think you know something.”
29. “You need to divorce your mind from the crowd. The herd mentality causes all these IQ’s to become paralyzed.
30. “Smart doesn’t always equal rational.”
31. “To be a successful investor you must divorce yourself from the fears and greed of the people around you, although it is almost impossible. ”
32. “Don’t get caught up with what other people are doing. Being a contrarian isn’t the key, but being a crowd follower isn’t either. You need to detach yourself emotionally. ”
33. “I believe in giving my kids enough so they can do anything, but not so much that they can do nothing.”.
34. “I had a great teacher in life in my father. But I had another great teacher in terms of profession in terms of Ben Graham. I was lucky enough to get the right foundation very early on. And then basically I didn’t listen to anybody else. I just look in the mirror every morning and the mirror always agrees with me. And I go out and do what I believe I should be doing. And I’m not influenced by what other people think.”
35. “The most powerful force in the world is unconditional love. To horde it is a terrible mistake in life. The more you try to give it away, the more you get it back. At an individual level, it’s important to make sure that for the people that count to you, you count to them.”
36. “One can best prepare themselves for the economic future by investing in your own education. If you study hard and learn at a young age, you will be in the best circumstances to secure your future.”
37. “If you improve your value 50% by having better communication skills, it’s another $500,000 in terms of capital value. You can dramatically increase your value by improving oral and written communication skills.”
38. “You should do the job you love whether or not you are getting paid for it. Do the job you love. Know that the money will follow. ”
39. You’re rich if you are working around people you like. You will make money if you are energetic and intelligent. This society lets smart people with drive earn a very good living. You will be no exception.
40. “You need to fill your mind with various competing thoughts and decide which make sense. Then you have to jump in the water – take a small amount of money and do it yourself.”
41. “Investing on paper is like reading a romance novel vs. doing something else. You’ll soon find out whether you like it. The earlier you start, the better.”
Thanks for reading through these remarkable Warren Buffett quotes , and do well to share will your friends and loved ones.