Donald John Trump is an American businessman and the President-elect of the United States. In June 2015, Trump announced his candidacy for president as a Republican and quickly emerged as the front-runner for his party’s nomination.
His rivals suspended their campaigns in May 2016, and in July he was formally nominated at the party convention. Trump won the general electionon November 8, 2016 by earning more Electoral College votes than Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, who won the popular vote.
As of November 2016, Trump’s presidential transition is underway and he is scheduled to be inaugurated on January 20, 2017. At 70 years old, he will be the oldest man to assume the presidency. He will also be the second President born in New York City after Theodore Roosevelt, and the only President born in Queens or any of the “outer boroughs” of New York City.
Trump was born and raised in New York City and received a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania in 1968. In 1971 he took control of his family‘s real estate and construction firm, Elizabeth Trump & Son, and renamed it The Trump Organization.
He later expanded the business with other products and activities. Trump has built office towers, hotels, casinos, golf courses, and other Trump-branded facilities worldwide. He owned the Miss USA pageants from 1996 to 2015, and has made cameo appearances in films and television series.
From 2004 to 2015, Trump hosted and co-produced The Apprentice, a reality television series on NBC. He sought the Reform Party‘s presidential nomination in 2000, but withdrew before voting began. As of 2016, he was listed by Forbes as the 336th wealthiest person in the world, and 156th in the United States, with a net worth of $4.5 billion
Here are the best motivational quotes from Donald Trump.
20 best motivational quotesof Donald Trump.
1. “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.”
2. “As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
3. “I don’t hire a lot of number-crunchers, and I don’t trust fancy marketing surveys. I do my own surveys and draw my own conclusions.”
4. “If you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you.”
12. “Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”
13. “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.”
14. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s were the fun is.”
20. “I wasn’t satisfied just to earn a good living. I was looking to make a statement.”
Originally posted 2017-01-24 18:57:52.