Thought provoking meditation quotes for a meaningful and enriched living.
Meditation has been practiced since antiquity as a component of numerous religious traditions and beliefs. It often involves an internal effort to self-regulate the mind in some way.
Meditation is often used to clear the mind and ease many health concerns, such as high blood pressure, depression, and anxiety.
Also, it may be done sitting, or in an active way—for instance, Buddhist monks involve awareness in their day-to-day activities as a form of mind-training. Prayer beads or other ritual objects are commonly used during meditation in order to keep track of or remind the practitioner about some aspect of that training.
Here are a some quotes about meditation that will give more meaning to your life.
1. “I have brought myself, by long meditation, to the conviction that a human being with a settled purpose must accomplish it, and that nothing can resist a will which will stake even existence upon its fulfilment.”– Benjamin Disraeli
2. “Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, and merging finitude in infinity.”– Voltaire
3. “Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh.” – Hugh Jackman
4. “Meditation is not a means to an end. It is both the means and the end.”– Jiddu Krishnamurti
5. “The more intense the nature of a man, the more readily will he find meditation, and the more successfully will he practice it.” – James Allen
6. “Mindful meditation has been discovered to foster the ability to inhibit those very quick emotional impulses”. – Daniel Goleman
7. “Words are but the shell; meditation is the kernel”. – Bahya ibn Paquda
8. “Practice meditation regularly. Meditation leads to eternal bliss. Therefore meditate, meditate.” – Swami Sivananda
9. “Meditation is a process of getting rid of the whole past, of getting rid of all diseases, of getting rid of all the pus that has gathered in you. It is painful, but it is cleansing, and there is no other way to cleanse you”. – Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
10. “During meditation your metabolism and your breath rate go down to a level of rest, twice that of deep sleep”. – Mike Love
11. “Meditation is the life of the soul: Action, the soul of meditation; and honor the reward of action”. – Francis Quarles
12. “True meditation gives us, as it were, wings for flight to a higher realm and thus detaches us from terrestrial fetters.” – Paramananda
13. “Meditation is the means through which the Soul dictates and guides the mind for all good.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
14. “Meditation is listening to the Divine within.”- Edgar CaCayce
15. “If you meditate, sooner or later you will come upon love. If you meditate deeply, sooner or later you will start feeling a tremendous love arising in you that you have never known before.” – Osho
16. Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day.” – Deepak Chopra
17. “Meditation is silence. If you realize that you really know nothing, then you will be truly meditating. Such truthfulness is the right soil for silence. Silence is meditation.” – Yogaswami
18. “Meditation increases your vitality and strengthens your intelligence; your beauty is enhanced; your mental clarity and health improve. You acquire the patience and fortitude to face any problem in life. So, meditate! Only through meditation will you find the treasure you are seeking.” – Mata Amritanandamayi
19. “One hour’s meditation on the work of the Creator is better than seventy years of prayer.” – Muhammad
20. “Meditation provides a way of learning how to let go. As we sit, the self we’ve been trying to construct and make into a nice, neat package continues to unravel.” – John Welwood
21. “Plant the seed of meditation and reap the fruit of peace of mind.” – Remez Sasson
22. “Spiritual meditation is the pathway to Divinity. It is a mystic ladder which reaches from earth to heaven, from error to Truth, from pain to peace.” – James Allen
23. “Your mind is your instrument. Learn to be its master and not its slave. ” Remez Sasson
24. “A racing mind that reacts sensitively to little things indicates thinking that has lost its spiritual strength. Meditation restores that power.”-Innerspace
25. “Silence is a fence around wisdom.”~-German Proverb
26. “When we meditate we expand, spreading our wings like a bird, trying to enter consciously into Infinity, Eternity and Immortality, welcoming them into our aspiring consciousness. We see, feel and grow into the entire universe of Light Delight. “-Sri Chinmoy
27. “If you meditate, sooner or later you will come upon love. If you meditate deeply, sooner or later you will start feeling a tremendous love arising in you that you have never known before.”- Osho
28. “Do you have the patience to wait till your mind settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself.”-Lao Tzu
29. “Meditation is the tongue of the soul and the language of our spirit.”- Jeremy Taylor
30. “Simplicity involves unburdening your life, and living more lightly with fewer distractions that interfere with a high quality life, as defined uniquely by each individual. “-Linda Breen Pierce
31. “We really must understand that the lust for affluence in contemporary society is psychotic. It is psychotic because it has completely lost touch with reality. We crave things we neither need nor enjoy.”-Richard Foster
32. “Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth, or power. Our souls are hungry for meaning, for the sense that we have figured out how to live so that our lives matter.”-Harold Kushner
33. “You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need.”-Vernon Howard
34. “Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves.”-Edwin Way Teale.
35. “It is preoccupation with possession, more than anything else, that prevents men from living freely and nobly.”-Bertrand Russell
36. “Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”-William Morris
37. “It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.”-Henry Ward Beecher
38. “In today’s rush, we all think too much — seek too much — want too much — and forget about the joy of just being.” -Eckhart Tolle
39. “If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” -Pema Chodron
40. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” -Amit Ray