Inspiring quotes from the book ‘ think and grow rich ‘ by Napoleon Hill .
Hill writes that he was inspired by a suggestion from business magnate and later-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. While the book’s title and much of the text concerns increased income, the author insists that the philosophy taught in the book can help people succeed in any line of work, to do and be anything they can imagine.
First published during the Great Depression,at the time of Hill’s death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold more than 20 million copies, and by 2015 over 100 million copies had been sold worldwide.It remains the biggest seller of Napoleon Hill’s book. BusinessWeek magazine’s Best-Seller List ranked it the sixth best-selling paperback business book 70 years after it was published.
Here are some inspiring quotes from the book ‘ think and grow rich’ that would change your life at the subconscious level .
1. “an intangible impulse of thought can be transmuted into material rewards ”.
2. “Remember that your real wealth can be measured not by what you have, but by what you are .”
3. “One sound idea is all that one needs to achieve success .”
4. “Your subconscious mind recognizes and acts only upon thoughts which have been well-mixed with emotion or feeling .”
5. “Poverty needs no plan. It needs no one to aid it, because it is bold and ruthless. Riches are shy and timid. They have to be “attracted.”
6. “remember that the moment you reduce the statement of your desire, and a plan for its realization, to writing, you have actually taken the first of a series of steps, which will enable you to convert the thought into its physical counterpart .”
7. “Every man is what he is, because of the dominating thoughts which he permits to occupy his mind.”
8. “If you fill your mind with FEAR, doubt and unbelief in your ability to connect with, and use the forces of Infinite Intelligence, the law of auto-suggestion will take this spirit of unbelief and use it as a pattern by which your subconscious mind will translate it into its physical equivalent .”
9.“Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning. It takes great delight in tripping one when success is almost within reach .”
10. “both success and failure are largely the results of habit!”
11. “Knowledge is power.” It is nothing of the sort! Knowledge is only potential power. It becomes power only when, and if, it is organized into definite plans of action, and directed to a definite end .”
12. “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought ”.
13. “There is no substitute for persistence. The person who makes persistence his watch-word, discovers that “Old Man Failure” finally becomes tired, and makes his departure. Failure cannot cope with persistence .”
14. “Neglecting to broaden their view has kept some people doing one thing all their lives .”
15. “Opinions are the cheapest commodities on earth. Everyone has a flock of opinions ready to be wished upon anyone who will accept them. If you are influenced by “opinions” when you reach DECISIONS, you will not succeed in any undertaking.” “Put your foot upon the neck of the fear of criticism by reaching a decision not to worry about what other people think, do, or say ”.
16. “More gold had been mined from the mind of men than the earth it self ”.
17.“Every adversity, every failure, every heartbreak, carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit .”
18. “The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge .”
19. “Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass .”
20. “A man’s way of doing things is the direct result of the way he thinks about things.”
21.”Desire is possibility seeking expression, or function seeking performance.”
22. “Get rich; that is the best way you can help the poor. God wants that you should make the most of yourself, for yourself, and for others; and you can help others more by making the most of yourself than in any other way.”
23. “Gratitude will lead your mind out along the ways by which things come.”
24. “Many people who order their lives rightly, in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude.”
25. “Nature is an inexhaustible storehouse of riches; the supply will never run short. Nature is formed for the advancement of life; its impelling motive is the increase of life.”
26. “You must form a clear and definite mental picture of what you want; you cannot transmit an idea unless you have it yourself.”
27. “Wherever there is unexpressed possibility, or function not performed, there is unsatisfied desire.”
28. “If you do not see great riches in your imagination, you will never see them in your bank balance .” – Napoleon Hill
29. “Mind control is the result of self-discipline and habit. You either control your mind or it controls you. There is no hall-way compromise .” – Napoleon Hill
30. “You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be .”
31. “All achievement, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea!” – Napoleon Hill
32. “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goa .”
33. “Our minds become magnetized with the dominating thoughts we hold in our minds and these magnets attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts .”
34. “Fear, the worst of all enemies, can be effectively cured by forced repetition of acts of courage .”
35. “Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought .”
36. “Remember, too, that all who succeed in life get off to a bad start, and pass through many heartbreaking struggles before they ‘arrive’.” – Napoleon Hill
37. “The ladder of success is never crowded at the top .”
38. “Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat .” – Napoleon Hill
39. “Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act for yourself .”
40. “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat .”
41. “The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail .”
42. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure .” – Napoleon Hill
43. “There is one weakness in people for which there is no remedy. It is the universal weakness of lack of ambition!”
44. “Life’s battles, don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But soon or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can!”
45. “Remember that it is not the lawyer who knows the most law, but the one who best prepares his case, who wins .”
46. “Before we can master an enemy, we must know its name, its habits, and its place of abode .”
47.“Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success .”
48. “Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything .”
49. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness .”
50.“I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself .”
Thank you for reading through . Please do remember to share with friends and loved ones .