Norman Vincent Peale was a reknown American author , professional speaker and preacher, who was popularly known for is great work on the power of positive thinking.
Here are some powerful and life changing quotes from Norman Vincent Peale that can change your life.
40 inspirational quotes from Norman Vincent Peale.
1. When you get up in the morning, you have two choices – either to be happy or to be unhappy. Just choose to be happy.
2. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.
3. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
4. The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
5. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
6. To cure worry, spend fifteen minutes daily filling your mind full of God. Worry is just a very bad mental habit. You can change any habit with God’s help.
7. We tend to get what we expect.
8. Learn to say no to the good,so you can say yes to be best!
9. The ‘how’ thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile ‘ifs.’
10. No matter how dark things become, someone is always with you – and that someone is God. He helps by giving you peace and a positive mental attitude.
11. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
12. When people believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
13. Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities — always see them, for they’re always there.
14. It’s always too early to quit.
15. Don’t let your negative thoughts hold you back.you are greater than your circumstances.
16. A man who live for himself is a failure. Even if he gain much wealth, power or position he is a still a failure.
17. If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to be different yourself.”
18. If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.
19. The Bible – the wisest document ever known in human existence, which defies the ravages of time and change because it contains the truth that cannot be changed or invalidated.
20. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.
21. Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet. Make all your friends feel there is something special in them. Look at the sunny side of everything. Think only the best, be as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
22. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give everyone a smile. Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. Be too big for worry and too noble for anger.
23. Do not be awe struck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as you can.
24. There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.”
25. “Understanding can overcome any situation, however mysterious or insurmountable it may appear to be.”
26. “When every physical and mental resources is focused, one’s power to solve a problem multiplies tremendously.”
27. “Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are.”
28. “Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex.”
29. “Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful.”
30. “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.”
31. “If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.”
32. “We’ve all heard that we have to learn from our mistakes, but I think it’s more important to learn from successes. If you learn only from your mistakes, you are inclined to learn only errors.”
33. “Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.”
34. “Don’t take tomorrow to bed with you.”
35. “The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate , your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much . Scatter sunshine, forget self , think of others . Try this for a week and you will be surprised. “
36. “One of the greatest moments in anybody’s developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is.”
37. “The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.”
38. “Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory.”
39. “If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.”
40. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.”