Inspiring quotes from Benjamin Carson.
Benjamin Carson is an American neurosurgeon, author, and politician who is the 17th and current United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, under the Trump Administration.
Prior to his cabinet position, he was a candidate for President of the United States in the Republican primaries in 2016. Born in Detroit, Michigan, and a graduate of Yale University and the University of Michigan Medical School, Carson has authored numerous books on his medical career and political stances.
Here are some exciting and motivationAl quotes from Benjamin Carson.
1. “Don’t let anyone turn you into a slave. You’re a slave if you let the media tell you that sports and entertainment are more important than developing your brain.”
2. “You only have so much time in your life, and you only have so much energy. So you have to select very carefully how you’re going to spend that time and how you’re going to spend that energy. If you waste it spinning your wheels on things that are not going to change, then it deprives you of an opportunity of utilizing it on things that are going to change.”
3. “My mother was a person who would never accept an excuse from my brother or myself. It didn’t matter what the situation was. If you came with an excuse, she would always say, “Do you have a brain?” And if the answer was yes, then you had a way to get around it. Maybe you should use the brain. That was her point. After a while it became clear to us that no excuse was acceptable, so we became pretty creative.”
4. “Every time I open a child’s head and see a brain, I marvel at the mystery: This is what makes every one of us who we are. This is what hold all our memories, all our thoughts, all our dreams. This is what makes us different from each other in millions of ways.”
5. “I’ve had many opportunities to sit down with President Bush, have dinner at the White House, and various things. He’s always saying: “You know, all my opponents think that I’m stupid, but here’s the funny thing: They’re out there, and I’m in the White House.” And he actually reads 90 minutes every night before he goes to sleep.”
6. “My strong belief is that God created human beings and therefore he knows about every aspect of the human body. So if I want to fix it, I just need to stay in harmony with Him.”
7. “Do we have a brain? Than use it. It’s all you need to overcome a problem. That’s the secret. That’s my simple but powerful prescription for life, love, and success in a dangerous world.”
8. “God has given us more than fourteen billion cells and connections in our brain. Why would God give us such a complex organ system unless he expects us to use it?”
9. “No matter how good you are at planning, the pressure never goes away. So I don’t fight it. I feed off it. I turn pressure into motivation to do my best.”
10. “You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to be a valuable person. You become valuable because of the knowledge that you have. And that doesn’t mean you won’t fail sometimes. The important thing is to keep trying.”
11. “I came to realize that if people could make me angry they could control me. Why should I give someone else such power over my life?”
12. “Nobody can hinder you from doing what you want, if that’s what you set your mind to. You can always find a hook to hang excuses on, but they’re only excuses. You don’t have anyone to blame but yourself. Nobody else makes you fail.”
13. “I started reading about people of great accomplishment… and it dawned on me suddenly that the person who has the most to do with what happens in your life is you.”
14. “It mattered not what color your skin was on the outside, but rather what the condition was of your heart and mind inside.”
15. “To do his best, one needs a confidence that says, “I can do anything, and if I can’t do it, I know how to get help.”
16. “One way to develop courage is to consider what will happen if we fail to act.”
17. “We all have choices in the way we react to the words we hear. Our lives and the lives of all those around us will be significantly improved if we choose to react positively rather than negatively.”
18. “If you’re good, you’ll be recognized. Because people, even if they’re prejudiced, are going to want the best. You just have to make being the best your goal in life.”
19. “I am fond of saying that if two people think and say the same thing about everything, then one of them is not necessary.”
20. “Great things were going to happen in my life, and I had to do my part by preparing myself and being ready.”
Thank you for reading through these amazing quotes from Benjamin carain. Do remember to share among friends and loved ones.